Knitting with Handspun

Friday, January 15, 2010

In the five years I've had my wheel I’ve hardly knit anything with the handspun. I’ve been destashing quite a bit recently and was trying to justify keeping my beautiful wheel when the yarn I’ve spun isn’t keeping anybody warm. I have a few New Year resolutions for 2010 and one of them is to knit up my handspun, as lumpy and imperfect as it may be. I enjoyed knitting the first Spriral Cowl so much I was eager to start a second and the pattern seemed like it would lend itself to the Aran weight handspun that’s been gathering dust. The pattern is so easily memorized that I was able to knit it from start to finish during the six-hour drive to my mother’s. I honestly feel like this is the potato chip of patterns, I can’t make just one (or two!).


 J’ai adopté quelques résolutions pour l’an 2010 (quelques-unes d’entre-elles déjà abandonnée - surtout celles qui compte de l’exercice quotidienne!), et je compte tricoter toute ma laine filée avant la fin de l’année. J’ai eu tant de plaisir à tricoter mon premier Spiral Cowl que j’avais vraiment hâte d’en commencer un deuxième et le patron semble idéal pour de la laine filée au rouet. Il est aussi très facile à mémoriser, ce qui m’a permis de le tricoter du début à la fin pendant un voyage en voiture d’environ six heures. C’est comme des croustilles, ce patron – impossible de s’arrêter après un ou deux!
© Knitbug. Template by Fearne.