Saturday, November 8, 2014

Le chef d’œuvre que j’aimerais partager aujourd’hui ne peut pas m’être attribué, mais je suis assez chanceuse qu’il m’appartient! C'est aussi une petite anecdote plutôt personnelle.  J’ai reçu en cadeau ces gants magnifiques tricotés par ma chère amie Cheryl :

The project I'd like to share today wasn't knit by me, but I'm lucky enough to call these gloves mine! I  received these gorgeous fingerless mitts from my dear friend Cheryl and took out the camera the moment I got home:



Je sais que les nouvelles amies de cœur à l’âge adulte se font rares, et qu'une amie de cœur qui partage les mêmes passions est vraiment extraordinaire. Je me souviendrai toujours du moment exact qu’on s’est rencontrées car j’étais instantanément convaincue d’avoir trouvé une âme sœur. Étant introvertie au max, je serai éternellement reconnaissante qu’elle a eu le cran de s’introduire lorsqu’on faisait la queue dans la file d’attente à Rhinebeck en 2012! Depuis ont est devenues de véritables amies, partageant les larmes et les fou rires et je me compte tellement chanceuse. 

I'd always assumed that making new (IRL) friends as an adult would be difficult, and friends who shared the same taste and hobbies would be, well, nearly impossible. Which is why, as an uber-introvert, I'll be forever grateful for the moment Cheryl introduced herself to me while we were waiting in line to enter Rhinebeck in 2012 and helped me realize that not only did we already sort of know each other from some Ravelry threads, but we were TOTALLY KINDRED SPIRITS. I write this in all caps because there's really no other way to put it :p  The giddiness and enthusiasm I feel when I spend time with her is unstoppable! We've shared both sad and joyous moments in the years since and she's introduced me to amazing ladies (Maggie! Grace! Sharon! Linda!) who have also put up with me being the newb in the bunch. 




Le modèle se nomme Latvian Fingerless Mitts, une création de Beth Brown-Reinsel.  Cheryl a utilisé la laine Brown Sheep Nature Spun Sport. Son projet peut être accédé en cliquant ici. J'ai essayé ces gants pour la première fois lors d'une visite chez elle et jamais je n'aurai envisagé avoir la chance de les porter tous les jours ( alors bien sûr que je les porte pour mon trajet quotidien au bureau!)

The pattern is Beth Brown-Reinsel's Latvian Fingerless Mitts, a beautiful exercise in colourwork. Cheryl used Brown Sheep Nature Spun Sport and her Ravelry project page is here.  I fell in love with these during  visit and wouldn't have dreamed to get to wear them to work every day (which, of course, I do :)




© Knitbug. Template by Fearne.