Follow your Arrow

Sunday, February 23, 2014

I couldn't help but jump on the bandwagon and cast on for my first mystery shawl in January. Overall I like it quite a bit - the clues were spaced apart just right for my knitting pace these days and it was neat to watch the lace patterns unfold. I only made two modifications:
1) I put in a row of eyelets that aligned with the arrowheads after clue 3 (just for fun really, while waiting for clue 4
2) I bound off using a picot cast-off, something I seem to have started to do with the majority of the shawls I knit. I guess I like a subtle scalloped edging... It doesn't seem overly whimsical or feminine here thanks to the arrow points. I love it.

For those interested, I followed clues BAABA (heh-heh, a sheepy "baaaah bah" it is!)
Ravelry project page is here.









© Knitbug. Template by Fearne.