Springtime Mara

Saturday, April 2, 2011

While it's finally spring here in Southwestern Ontario, you wouldn't know it judging from the flurries at night and the frost I have to scrape off the car every morning! I take this as a sign that I won't have to put the woolens in storage for a good while yet. Why not keep whittling down the stash while I'm at it?


I alternated the Silk Garden and Cash Island every two rows to start, then every 6 rows, then finished off with the silk garden only in an effort to gradually dissolve the stripes. I had very little of the Cash Island left for the contrast-coloured border, so I swapped the ruffles with 2 rows of garter followed by a picot bind-off.


C'est le printemps ici en Ontario, quoiqu'il serait difficile pour moi de le prouver, avec la neige qui tombe  sans cesse la nuit et la givre que je dois gratter du par brise à chaque matin! Heureusement que je suis complètement ensorcellé par les châles à l'instant – épais, délicats, textures, dentelles, je les aime tous!

Le patron : Mara par Madelinetosh

J’ai alterné les laines Silk Garden et Cash Island à tous les deux rangs pour commencer, ensuite tous les six rangs, et finalement seulement le Silk Garden pour le reste du châle, jusqu’à la bordure. Puisqu’il ne me restait que quelques mètres de Cash Island pour la bordule, j’ai substitué les volants avec un rabattage des mailles en picots.
juicyknits said...

Wow, the shawl looks so cute and you inspire me to use up some yarn that I've bought ages ago as well. A very nice FO!

Brendaknits said...

Another lovely shawl. OF course anything with Noro is a good thing.

© Knitbug. Template by Fearne.