(Bulky) Triangles Cowl

Sunday, December 28, 2014

J'étais si pressée cette année à terminer mes projets à temps pour les fêtes que j'ai prises les photos rapido-presto avant de vite envelopper mes petits paquets de laine.  Ils ne sont pas tous terminés, j'ai un UFO toujours en cours, mais j'ai presque tout réussi! 

I was in such a hurry trying to finish the gift knitting in time this year that I was lucky to take a few moments to photograph each piece before wrapping. I haven't quite checked off each project off my list, there's one left in progress, but I've accumulated a small pile of undocumented Fos!






Je ne sais pas trop ou commencer, alors je tire au hasard. Ce col est une version chunky de mon Triangles Cowl. J'ai choisi la laine Loops and Thread Cozy Wool, des aiguilles circulaires de taille US 13 et j'ai montée 132 mailles. Je n'ai complété que 3 répétitions du motif des triangles. Je trouvais que le col manquait toujours un p'tit quelque chose je ne sais quoi alors j'ai ajouté une bordure improvisée au crochet par la suite. Je trouve que ça donne un look un peu plus délicat malgré la laine chunky, non?

I'm not sure where to start, so let's pick at random. This is a chunky version of my Triangles Cowl. I used  Loops and Thread Cozy Wool, US 13 circular needles, and cast on 132 stitches to accommodate the large difference in gauge. I only completed three repeats of the triangle chart before binding off. As with last time, blocking was essential to get a smooth fabric. Still, I felt something was missing, so I improvised a crocheted border. I like it! It kind of adds a bit of a feminine touch despite the chunky yarn, you know?






© Knitbug. Template by Fearne.