I cut one 45"x7"-ish rectangle form each print (45" because that was the width of the original bolts) and an additional 7"x20" rectangle of each so that when sewed together I ended up with one 65"-ish long strip in each print after pressing the seams flat:
I then sandwiched the two long strips right-sides together with plenty of pins to keep them as aligned as possible:
Once both sides were firmly in place with the ends securely back-stitched, I turned the tube inside out and pressed it again. To close the loop I turned each end in on itself for 1/4" and pressed it, slipped one end of the tube inside of the other, and and stitched it close with a matching thread to make the seam as inconspicuous as possible. Easy peasy and about an hour from start to finish. I think it'll be pretty cute under my denim jacket until I take out the woolens!