My little sister is visiting from Australia with her SO, and I'd rather spend time with her rather than on the computer just now, so I I'll just post the last few week's projects in photos.
1. Washing fleece (also known as stinking up the office)
2. Combing clean locks into roving
3. Spinning the fluff stuff into squishy yarn
4. Crockpot dyeing the handspun with Brazilwood again. I don't think I've ever stained ceramic quite so effectively.
5. Knitting it all up into a silly cowl that is of absolutely no use at this time in July
6. Completing my breed study (10 breeds, 10 knitted samples, and 20 skeins!)
7. Trying to spin super bulky. This is so much harder for me than spinning fine, but I just love how chunky wool makes the punchy colours shine. This is Polwarth from Pigeonroof Studios spun up to a ginormous 6 TPI, 9.4 oz skein.