Hermit Craft(ster)

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

 I was fortunate to spend the last 4 days at a sewing retreat in Collingwood with my mom and gran, both seamstresses extraordinaire. I hadn't seen either of them since October so this time spent together was extra special.



I decided to try my hand at making the Garden Party Clutch from In Stitches:



I couldn't pick a Kaffe Fasset print and was sorely tempted to use two different fabrics (one front and one back), but the khaki didn't seem to compliment the bright pinks all that well...

And the finished clutch:


I thought the floral pattern was busy enough and didn't need the fabric rosette that was called for in the book. Still, to be honest, I'm not sure how much I'll use the clutch... it's gigantic for a hand-held bag. I might add a small strap so that it can tuck in under my arm?
krissy said...

hi there, thanks for stopping by my blog and saying hi. i just wanted to tell you that if you do end up buying "la dolce vegan" i can give you some recipes to try from it if you want. it took me awhile to get into it but now i really do use it 3+ times a week.

by the way, i absolutely LOVE the fabric you used for that clutch!

© Knitbug. Template by Fearne.